General Motors expands its peer-to-peer ride-sharing service to 10 cities
PUBLISHED: November 23, 2018 | Available Formats
Global Ride Sharing Market – Size, Share and Forecast (2018 – 2025)
BUY THIS REPORT
Ride Sharing Market
- The Global Ride sharing market was valued at USD xx billion in 2017 and is expected to reach USD xx billion by 2025, with a CAGR of xx% during the forecast period (2018-2025).
- Ridesharing still constitutes a tiny percentage in the total vehicle miles traveled. Smartphone & GPS has changed the ridesharing market dramatically. Once the number of users & drivers reach the critical mass, it results in an extremely efficient system.
What’s trending in this maraket?
- As smartphone penetration, internet penetration and urban population increases, ridesharing market will overgrow.
- The ride-sharing market has impacted the Auto Industry in a significant way. In a well-functioning ridesharing environment ride sharing users often postpone car purchase. This is especially true in developing countries.
- Lack of parking space and permits in the major cities is the crucial restraint that affecting the market growth.
Although Ridesharing drivers often work long hours, they earn barely above minimum wage & don’t enjoy any other benefits that are available to full-time employees. Which is a significant disadvantage for the market?
- The market can be segmented into Peer to Peer Car sharing, Free-floating Car sharing, Stationary Car sharing, and others.
Transportation Network Companies is the most significant segment. Transportation Network Companies offer rides in private passenger cars.
- Thereby the passenger requests a trip and will then be matched with a driver. Carpooling Services charge a commission for helping people going the same way to organize carpools using private vehicles. Others include online taxi bookings.
- By region, the market can be segmented into North America, South America, Europe, Asia-pacific and rest of the world. China dominates the ridesharing market regarding revenue. The combined share of China & United States in Ridesharing market is around 77%.
- Didi Chuxing is the biggest ride-sharing service based company followed by Uber. BlaBlaCar is one of the most prominent carpooling company. Other players include Lyft, Grab, Curb, Ola, Gett, BlaBlaCar, Zimride, and Car2Go.
What are the key application segments?
• Peer to Peer Carsharing
• Free-floating Carsharing
• Stationary Carsharing
• Asia Pacific
• North America
• South America
• Rest of the World
Reasons for purchasing this report?
• Visualize the composition of the Global Ride sharing market across each indication, concerning type highlighting the critical commercial assets and players.
• Identify business opportunities in Global Ride sharing market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
• Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the Ridesharing market level 4/5 segmentation
• PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study
• Product mapping in excel for the critical Global Ride sharing market products of all major market players
Who can benefit from this report?
• Government Agencies
• Product Suppliers/ Buyers
• Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
• Education & Research Institutes
• Research Professionals
• Emerging Companies
Table of Contents
Global Ride Sharing Market
1.Methodology and Scope
1.1. Research Methodology
1.2. The scope of the Report
2. Industry Trends
2.1. Key Trends & Developments
3. Market Outlook
3.1. Industry Impact Factors (Drivers & Restraints)
3.2. Competitive Intensity- Porter 5 Forces
3.3. Regulatory Analysis
4. Market Segmentation – By Type
4.1. Peer to Peer Car sharing
4.2. Free-floating Car sharing
4.3. Stationary Car sharing
5. Market Forecast Analysis
6. Market Strategy Analysis
7. Regional, Country-level Analysis
7.1.1 The United States
7.2 South America
7.2.3 Rest of South America
7.3.3 United Kingdom
7.3.4 Rest of Europe
7.4.3 Rest of Asia-Pacific
7.5 Rest of the world
8. Company Profiles
8.1 Didi Chuxing
Try our Bundle Subscription?
✓ Dedicated Assistance for 500 Hours
✓ Upto 40% Additional Customisation
✓ Starting from Bundle of 3 Reports
✓ XLS, PPT & PDF formats